Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Best summer flowers for South Florida


My favorite perennials for the summer give lots of color are easy to grow, and last for years.  Pentas come in a wide variety of colors.  Remember the red, white and soft pinks are the largest growers reaching up to four feet.  The purple color is the shortest, reaching up to one foot.  When planting the pentas keep this in mind and plant the larger ones in the back and the shorter ones in the front.  Pentas also attract butterflies.  They also do well in partial shade.
Part II is coming up!  Have a wonderful week and see you soon.  Please follow my posts on the FB garden page Robert's Tropical Paradise Garden. Please subscribe to my Garden/food YouTube channel, and enjoy my articles at Miami Garden Reporter for Examiner.com


https://twitter.com/robbornstein  Follow me here.
Miami Garden Reporter  Subscribe to my articles for free.
Facebook Garden Page   Please "Like" my page and watch us grow.
Robert's YouTube garden/food/fitness channel Subscribe for free to my new video channel on YouTube


1 comment:

  1. I planted red pentas and white pentas last year and now have red, white and pink. I'm not sure if they self seeded or reverted to a more common form. Have you ever had that happen?

    ReplyDelete