Monday, April 25, 2011

Flowers In the Florida Garden


I once had a tour of seniors visit my garden from a senior residence. They all loved the garden but some of them commented they thought there would be more flowers. Since then I have added garden hooks for flowering hanging baskets throughout the backyard jungle. I added more flowering perennials, flowering shrubs to the front garden, and more roses.

Sometimes it’s nice to have constructive criticism, both inside and outside the garden. It helps us grow.

Lately there was a battle of chinch bugs in the front yard, and they won. This provided the opportunity for more area to plant. Over the weekend after touring a friend’s garden, I came home with a bag full of cuttings. I will nurture the in small pots in the shade until they root. Now that the humidity is up and the days are warmer, cuttings root easier.





I will be posting soon about some garden teas Annie sent me in the mail, quite an interesting story to tell…

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I've always been fascinated by well kept gardens with much variety. I've always wanted to have one myself but I just don't have that handy capacity to keep rhythm in my schedule and my mind just goes to all sorts of places which is quite bad for maintaining plants. Do you have any recommendations for my case? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start planting some herbs or veggies in a few pots and take it from there. Next plant easy plants to grow such as aloe, bromeliads and perennials. Start small and with each success expand a little bit more. My garden is always in a need of weeding, pruning and mulching. I do not bother trying to have a perfect garden.

    ReplyDelete