Monday, May 6, 2013

Boston bombings, Stress and therapeutic landscapes


 What a week it has been, so stressful.  One night I had the news on late, and then was unable to get to sleep.  I even woke up early, without the alarm.  I need my garden more than ever to heal, calm down and try to relax.  As the Grateful Dead song goes, What a long strange trip it’s been.
Tips to heal:
Take a walk in a park, nature preserve or garden.  Mother Nature has a way of calming you down.  The fresh air, beauty, and order are very calming.  It is also beneficial to get out of the house, away from the routine, and especially away from the TV for a while. 
 Visit a florist shop.  The beauty of flowers arranged just so, brings joy and lift your spirit.  You can buy one or make your own.  Making your own arrangement is very creative and will make you feel good.  Enjoy the aroma of flowers.  Aromatherapy is great for soothing the soul.
 Go to a garden center.  The beauty of orderly landscape plants and flowers contrasts the chaos and sadness of recent events of Boston and Texas.  The soothing sounds of water cascading from fountains will help you feel better.


Time will heal most of our wounds.  In the meantime, just take it one day at a time.
Try not to self medicate with pills, wine or sweets.  Let Mother Nature heal you. 


Please subscribe to my YouTube channel for free!
Like my Robert's Tropical Paradise Garden
Subscribe to Miami Garden Reporter articles
Follow me on PinterestGoogle+ and Twitter.



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to express the healing power of nature and plants. I so agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thoughts. Most of us oversee the power and beauty of our nature. Be one with nature and we can live life to the fullest better than you can imagine. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean about nature, and that is what I attempt to instill in my seniors as a horticultural therapist.

      Delete