Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Trip to North Carolina



Although I do live in a paradise, sometimes it is nice to get way.  When I like to go on a vacation, I like it to be very different than where I live.  An old friend suggested I visit their cabin in the cool North Carolina mountains last month.  Magic to my ears!  We would go hiking through the mountains, walk on rocks to cross gurgling streams, and view waterfalls.

The forest floor was teaming with life. Mosses,  mushrooms, wild flowers, small ferns and tiny plants carpeted the ground.


There were wildflowers everywhere.  I saw native rhododendrons.  There were wonderful ferns and lichens.  The trees were tall and thin in the forests reaching up to the sun.  I loved seeing all the maples and oaks.
The soothing peaceful sounds of the forest was very therapeutic.  It was so nice walking through the woods and hearing the water in the streams.  Birds were plentiful, and their sweet chirps added to the forest melody.
Going away for a few days sometimes is not enough of a vacation.  This particular trip was very soothing and relaxing.  It was the antithesis of everything South Florida, which was a welcome change.  Thank you for stopping by my blog and see you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! When we lived at the beach, we made the same kinds of trips for vacations-somewhere not beachy! The mountains of Eastern TN and Western NC are our favorites. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed what it's like in our neck of the woods - a lot like western Pennsylvania!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures as usual, Robert-Enjoyed viewing them! Thanks for sharing! Manjula

    ReplyDelete